Mindfulness in a Hoop - the Magic of Hand Embroidery

By Unknown - August 02, 2018



As I was sat in my garden early this morning, with my cup of tea and my trusty embroidery hoop it got me thinking how much it has helped me over the years.  All through my life crafts have been like a sanctuary, where the madness of the world is silenced for a few peaceful, precious moments.

Even now, after all these years of embroidery I get surprised by the clarity it can bring. Rather like the meditations I do, it soothes my mind from overthinking giving me space to listen to my heart and to follow my gut instinct instead.  Taking these little pockets of time out for myself I really have built up quite the friendship with my hoop!


5 ways Hand Embroidery brings mindfulness into your daily life:

  • Focuses your mind on the present moment
  • Joy of creating spreads to the rest of your day
  • Calms anxiety by focussing on the stitches
  • Brings clarity to decision making
  • Gratitude & confidence grow as the image appears

With just a few light supplies -  a hoop, cotton or linen blend fabric, threads, needle and little scissors you can carry it anywhere you go and can stop and start at any point. So you can be transported to your happy place wherever you are, even on holiday!


5 easy ways to make time for embroidery in a busy life

  • Whilst parked in your car waiting for the kids from school
  • In the evening instead of watching tv or mindlessly scrolling on your phone
  • Take a few moments for yourself before starting to make dinner
  • A tea break in your garden with embroidery and gain the added benefits of nature
  • Take it on holiday with you
Want to give it a try?









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments