Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Cotswolds Dream - Part One

I had a long held dream of visiting The Cotswolds and I am excited to say this came true a few weeks ago.  It is such a beautiful part of the UK, with golden cottages and gardens overflowing with Hollyhocks and roses, looking out over rolling hills stretched as far as the eye can see.  I felt like painting every little scene I saw,  and I'm sure there will be future Cotswold inspired designs at Bumpkin Hill!

I will start our journey together in Hidcote Gardens.  Lawrence Johnson, the American creator of Hidcote Manor Gardens arrived with his Mother in 1907. She bought the house and 287 acre for £7,200, with a deposit of £10!










The garden is famously divided into rooms divided by high hedges, giving many wonderful surprises around each corner.











Just before my trip I finished this commissioned painting of my Garden. I grow flowers that I love, that bring happy memories and inspired by all the wonderful English Gardens I visit.

Do join me back here soon for the rest of my journey, I will share the welcoming little Towns next,
Hugs and flowers,
Catherine
x

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Catherine! I've never been to Hidcote so really enjoyed your photo tour. And I love this painting so much! The colors are so joyful. Hope you're having a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful post! I love Hidcote! :)
    Your paintings are so delightful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete